Assists in facilitating and monitoring recreational activities of the Community Center; assists in maintaining the Center facilities, equipment, and grounds.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this position. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this job description.
- Supervises patrons visiting the Center and participating in programs including outdoor and game room activities; ensures that patron's behavior remains consistent with club rules and regulations.
- Gathers and prepares materials for activities; leads children in participating in activities; monitors children’s safety at all times.
- Leads various scheduled classes for children such as Reading, Math, Spelling, Bible Study, Spiritual Dance, and Arts; works to bring children’s grades and standardized testing scores up.
- Supervises children on the playground and various outdoor activities including kick ball, basketball, catch ball, red-rover, etc.
- Supervises children playing in the game room; instructs children in the proper methods for playing foosball, air hockey, bumper pool, etc.
- Teaches children proper methods for resolving conflict without violence; teaches children about alcohol and drug prevention; teaches children about God; serves as a positive role model for young people.
- Opens/closes the Center in compliance with established operating hours; ensures the center is properly secured during non-operating hours.
- Prepares and maintains a schedule of Center activities in an accurate and timely manner.
- Helps children with homework.
- Conducts roll call daily.
- Assists in maintaining the cleanliness and orderliness of the Center facilities and grounds; maintains ball fields; mows and trims grass; trims trees and shrubs; rakes, loads, and hauls leaves and pine-straw.
- Reports any injuries to the supervisory immediately and instructs the injured party to complete an incident report.
- Supervises children participating in field trips.
- Completes and submits monthly statistics form in an accurate and timely manner.
- Performs other related work as required.