We are looking for physically fit candidates with good attention to detail for the position of Diesel Mechanic.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs various skilled tasks such as the engine, hydraulics, and electronics on many types of heavy equipment.
- Must own all tools needed to perform the duties of a construction equipment mechanic.
- May be required to repair equipment in an organized shop or perform repair work in the field as necessary.
- Must be a motivated individual with the ability and willingness to work overtime and weekends when needed.
- Perform diagnostics, repair, and rebuild of all types of grading and paving equipment as well as dump trucks. Perform diesel engine repairs and rebuilds as well as hydraulic systems. be versatile in both shop and field environments.
- Minimum Qualifications & Training.
- Experience/minimum of 4 years in diesel engines and major repair/ rebuild.
- Must have a valid NC Driver License and acceptable driving record.
- Willingness to learn and be a team player.
- Ability to abide by precise instructions and maintain a good attendance record.
- Ability to abide by strict but necessary safety rules and policies.
- Must be a reliable and trustworthy individual that will be a team player.
- Degree or Diploma in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering.
- ASE Diesel Certification advantageous.