About the Job:
This position involves working outdoors and providing customer service to deliver and install concrete burial vaults and prepare them for graveside committal services. Professional conduct and appearance are important to our customers and the families they serve more than any other position in the company. The families we serve have just experienced the significant and stressful loss of a loved one. The role is to make their burial experience respectful, dignified, and flawless thus allowing them to move forward and grieve. The company operates 7 days a week to provide service to our customers during difficult times so overtime is available including some evenings, weekends, and holidays. No experience required - willing to train. If you are energetic, responsible, hard-working, and can be flexible with your work schedule then this is a great career opportunity for you.
Job Functions: Closing and lowering vault after service. (In some instances, this task may include assisting the gravedigger in closing the grave by shoveling dirt.)
- Prep concrete burial vaults as ordered
- Load, transport and unload burial vaults in the company vehicle
- Installing vault into the grave
- Assembly and disassembly of graveside tents
- Preparation for graveside service (placing folding chairs/chair covers / artificial grass)
- Keep daily reports including pre-trip and post-trip logs
- Maintain a maintenance schedule on the vehicle and all equipment Maintain a clean and organized delivery truck, warehouse, and shop
- Responsible for all work functions to be performed timely, correctly, and in a safe manner
- Provide a safe, clean, respectful, and dignified burial presentation for the family and guests at the gravesite.
- Communicate all service-related exceptions and issues with the plant manager immediately.
- Valid driver’s license with limited infractions
- Knowledge of backhoe preferred but will consider someone who is willing and capable of learning to operate
- Be self-motivated and self-monitored with little supervision needed
- Maintain a clean and respectful personal appearance, wearing a clean uniform when required
- Must be flexible with schedule and able to work weekends.
- Must pass a background/MVR check
- Detail-oriented Full body movement, use of all senses, able to lift a minimum of 80 lbs
- Must be able to lift, stand, bend, stoop, twist, turn, kneel, and squat for a short period of time.
- Must be a team player Customer service oriented
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- The job will be working outdoors and being exposed to all types of weather conditions
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
About DeC 9 Staffing
We are a premiere, veteran owed business dedicated to assisting our clients in breaking down barriers to achieving their dreams. We work tirelessly to pair quality talent with quality companies. We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to achieve their career goals!