The purpose of this position is to operate heavy equipment for a variety of construction and maintenance operations at in a Landfill setting. This is accomplished by using equipment such as: backhoes, rollers, graders, and front-end loaders to complete construction projects; monitoring landfill gases; recovering refrigerant; and assisting with landfill operations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs heavy equipment operation in order to maintain landfill by using equipment to push trash; maintaining the appropriate grade and compaction levels; hauling dirt; loading a truck with excavator; driving a truck to work site; combining trash and dirt in order to grade; and managing the site.
- Assists with landfill operations by screening waste that may be hazardous; providing facility maintenance; excavating loads of metal for recycling; moving wood chips, recycled dirt, and concrete; maintaining stockpiles; pushing brush, wood, concrete, and dirt with bulldozer.
- Performs preventative maintenance by greasing equipment; cleaning filters; checking all fluids; inspecting undercarriage; tracking inspections; and cleaning tracks.
- High School diploma or GED with six months/one year of advanced study or training.
- Over three years of heavy equipment experience. Experience working in a Landfill preferred.
- Valid North Carolina Drivers License (at time of hire).
Only applicants with experience in operating Heavy Equipment: Bulldozer, Front loader, and Backhoe will be considered. Please be prepared confirm work history and demonstrate knowledge of equipment during a field test.