The purpose of this position is to operate heavy equipment for a variety of construction and maintenance operations at in a Landfill setting. This is accomplished by using equipment such as: backhoes, rollers, graders, and front-end loaders to complete construction projects; monitoring landfill gases; recovering refrigerant; and assisting with landfill operations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs heavy equipment operation in order to maintain landfill by using equipment to push trash; maintaining the appropriate grade and compaction levels; hauling dirt; loading a truck with excavator; driving a truck to work site; combining trash and dirt in order to grade; and managing the site.
- Assists with landfill operations by screening waste that may be hazardous; providing facility maintenance; excavating loads of metal for recycling; moving wood chips, recycled dirt, and concrete; maintaining stockpiles; pushing brush, wood, concrete, and dirt with bulldozer.
- Performs preventative maintenance by greasing equipment; cleaning filters; checking all fluids; inspecting undercarriage; tracking inspections; and cleaning tracks.
- High School diploma or GED with six months/one year of advanced study or training.
- Over three years of heavy equipment experience. Experience working in a Landfill preferred.
- Valid North Carolina Drivers License (at time of hire).
Only applicants with experience in operating Heavy Equipment: Bulldozer, Front loader, and Backhoe will be considered. Please be prepared confirm work history and demonstrate knowledge of equipment during a field test.
About DeC 9 Staffing
We are a premiere, veteran owed business dedicated to assisting our clients in breaking down barriers to achieving their dreams. We work tirelessly to pair quality talent with quality companies. We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to achieve their career goals!