Under general supervision, the LPN performs specialized nursing work in a Detention Center setting.
- Administering medications.
- Following physician's orders.
- Drawing blood.
- Checking glucose levels and blood pressures of inmates.
- Performing treatments as needed.
- Cleansing and dressing wounds.
- Performing assigned medical rounds.
- Maintaining sanitation of work areas in infirmary.
- Containing all contamination ensuring proper disposal of specimens, and syringes.
- Responsible for inventory of medical equipment and medications.
Employee also performs daily physicals and health assessments of individuals being booked in the detention center, and handling all emergency situations that arise and notifying proper officials and hospitals.
Employee is subject to the usual hazards of nursing work, including potential exposure to communicable diseases and blood-borne pathogens. Employee is able to exercise considerable tact, courtesy, discretion, firmness and fairness in contact with inmates.
Reports to Jail Director of Nursing.
Must be willing to work all shifts some weekends and holidays.