An overhead door technician installs, maintains, and repairs door systems. As an overhead door technician, your responsibilities may involve providing service for commercial customers. You may install or repair a door, lubricate door tracks or wheels, or replace the springs that help doors open and close.
The duties of an overhead door specialist include:
- Installing dock seals and bumpers, testing treadle operating systems, using hand tools to cut holes in floors for door installation, packing lubricant into door closer chambers and winding large springs.
- Operate lifts and winches and carry springs to the tops of doors and replace worn or broken parts, like springs, openers and brackets.
- Remove or place defective doors or openers and install completely new door systems and openers.
- Complete work orders, order new parts, collect payments and provide estimates.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Able to pass a background check.
- This position does require travel to work sites. You will be provided a stipend for gas and the occasional case where you have to stay overnight in a hotel.