Assists residents staying in the Shelter overnight; performs client intake procedures and prepares client intake records; monitors the activity of residents on an assigned shift ensuring safety, security and compliance to house rules; maintains accurate and complete records and logs containing pertinent information; ensures that facility is maintained in a neat and proper order.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of this position. The incumbent may be requested to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this job description.
Residential Management Responsibilities (60%):
- Answers telephone and in a professional manner responds to questions regarding the shelter operations.
- Performs client intake procedures including running sexual offender checks; checks clients into the shelter; prepares and monitors client intake forms; prepares and maintains resident roster.
- Records statistics as instructed.
- Provides information and referrals to appropriate community agencies.
- Updates client files as needed; obtains client’s signature on forms as well as house rules and regulations.
- Supervise, prepare and distributes meal and shower tickets, assigns bed numbers; distributes towels, linens and personal hygiene items; secures and distributes client medications as required.
Housekeeping & Chore Distribution Responsibilities (20%):
Assigns daily cooking, cleaning, and maintenance chores to clients and ensures completion of such; as needed, participates in the cleaning and maintenance of facilities, supplies, and equipment; inspects facility on a routine basis to ensure compliance with established standards; ensures return and accountability of The Salvation Army property (linens, etc.).
Building Security Responsibilities (20%):
- Ensures clients comply with house rules; checks client’s baggage for drugs, alcohol, weapons and pornography; records incidents and notifies supervisor of any special circumstances or unusual problems; ensures security of facility and clients; arms and disarms alarms in accordance with lodge policy; locks and secures area inappropriate for client entry.
- Conducts routine checks of the facilities to ensure that all doors are locked and that nothing is amiss; locks doors to ensure security of the facilities.
- Responds to emergencies in a calm manner and initiates appropriate actions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Verifies if clients are in the hospital as well as the length of their stay.
- Verifies residents case managements and any medical needs.
- Supervises daily cleaning of facility.
- Informs supervisor of any referral issues as they arise.
- Assists with seasonal program events as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must have at least 1 year experience performing security.