We're looking to hire a Solid Waste Driver for a busy landfill.
- Ability to safely operate a garbage truck on specified routes to collect solid waste.
- Ability to read route sheets and service each customer identified on the sheet or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Perform routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking fluids, safety equipment, and tires.
- Ability to perform a physically demanding job, loading and unloading, with no helpers.
- Operate hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse and dispose of trash at designated facilities.
- Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- A typical schedule for this position is Monday-Friday, with an occasional Saturday as needed, 50 hour work week.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Class B CDL or Class A CDL with air brakes endorsement as a minimum.
- Minimum 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Basic knowledge of truck components in order to complete pre- and post-trip inspections.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity.
- Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet and/or humid conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration.
- Noise level is usually moderate.