About the Job
We are looking for an experienced Equipment Operator / Vac-Truck Driver (CDL DRIVER) for a busy Recycling company based in Lumberton, North Carolina.
Our service expertise includes: Grease Trap & Septic Tank Cleaning, Industrial Maintenance, Emergency Response, and Abatement Services.We value and focus on maintaining the up-most quality, safety, and customer service for our diverse clients. Our team consistently exceeds industry standards in all aspects of our work. We offer innovative commercial and industrial solutions and equipment, and a staff dedicated to a unique standard of excellence in environmental services.
Under general supervision, the CDL Driver/Equipment Operator performs a range of task required for industrial service operations to include but not limited to, tank cleaning and pumping, pipeline maintenance, manual remediation services, waste bulking, and/or demolition services, in accordance with established company policies and procedures.Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 3 years of environmental project experience, excellent references, and the demonstrated ability to perform the following daily functions (however similar experience will be considered):
- Maintain a Commercial Drivers License with Tank endorsement with excellent driving history.
- Drive trucks, tankers, and other vehicles requiring a CDL
- Follow applicable safety rules, regulations, guidelines, policies, and site specific safety plans.
- Load and unload equipment from vehicles and trailers.
- Ensure that equipment is maintained, repaired and in maximum operating condition.
- Complete required paperwork, forms, and records as required.
- Assist site crews when not driving; able to perform manual labor
- Must be at least 21 years of age and legally eligible to work in the United States
- Preferrable candidates will have a minimum of one year of verifiable experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL
- Must be able to operate a truck with manual transmission
- Ideal candidate will have experience hauling flatbeds, low boys, tankers
- Be able to speak and read English well enough to converse with the general public, understand highway traffic and signals, respond to official questions, and complete required reports.
Construction industry experience, environmental experience, hazardous waste experience and certification (i.e. OSHA 40hr HAZWOPER), AHERA asbestos training with current license, industrial vacuum truck experience, heavy equipment operation and maintenance experience a plus.
The work environment at a potential or actual project location is usually dirty, dusty, noisy, contains hazardous/or potentially hazardous substances or materials and is subject to inclement or extreme weather conditions. Work may include handling hazardous materials and use of personal protective equipment.
The applicant must be available for emergency response work after-hours and on weekends periodically.
A pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check, motor vehicle records check, and Department of Transportation physical exam are required.
Pay range is commensurate with experience.